Weekly market at El Gallo in the main road Saturday 9.00am – 2pm – stalls selling fresh veggies, plants & seedlings, cakes, pizzas, hummus, spices, fresh bread, eggs, breakfast & coffee. Enjoy lunch on the stoep with a glass of vino, they are licensed. 082 457 2651
Remember 14 Feb is Valentine’s Day – check with restaurants to see what specials they may be preparing!
- Suntouched Inn – pizza, pasta, ribs; pool table. Closed Tuesday. 028 423 3131
- Pascals – full menu, licensed. Closed Monday. 028 423 3146
- Gunners – breakfast, lunch, dinner. Closed Monday. 028 423 3508
- J D Bistro – Open Wed to Sunday. 0796908727 licensed. call Marchand for info and to book.
- The Fox – fish & chips, burgers, craft beer. Closed Mon & Tues. 028 423 3113
- Cafe Max – licensed pub, breakfast, lunch, dinner & takeaways. Closed Thursday. 071 431 2919
- Napier Farmstall – licensed, breakfast & lunch, frozen takeaway meals. Open 7 days a week and Fridays for dinner from 6pm – booking essential. 028 423 3440
- Moerse Farmstall – takeaways & a delicious roast on Sundays (take your own wine) R120. 072 592 3693
- The Padloper, 20 Main Road, Riviersonderend – if you feel like a drive & lunch in a lovely garden. 083 387 1977
- Bayleaf Restaurant, Krag Street, lunch or dinner (dates to be advised}. Call Luan 072 132 2716 for more info
- Fragrant Food Cafe, 44 Sarel Cilliers – scrummy breakfast & lunch (take your own wine), coffee & cake. Mon to Sat. A special Harvest Table on Saturdays, 11am – 2pm. Call Dee 072 799 2380 for more info
Other catering options:
- Napier Traders, 81 Main Road –Open 9am – 8pm. fish & chips, hot dogs, hamburgers, fresh yellowtail daily caught. Call 072 546 3806 to order. Purified water now available – bring your own bottle – R1 per liter.
- Meals to U – home cooked meals daily, fresh or frozen, delivered to you. 028 423 3134/ 082 347 4805
- Fabio’s pizza van – Wednesday 5 – 8pm. 082 321 3178
- Platteland se Mooi – breakfast, quiches, platters, frozen meals for 1 or 2 persons, freshly-baked breads – Henriette 0662532218
Our area has some wonderful creative folk:
- Frans Mulder, artist, 116 Sarel Cilliers (the Black house) – life size pictures of wild dogs, many of which are shown round the world. 028 423 3004/ 082 418 9701
- Private Gallery, 98 Sarel Cilliers – drop in &have a look at the fine art photography of Herman von Bon 082 712 0273 and the exquisite jewellery of Yvonne de Wet 060 712 4001
- MuddyLane Pottery Studio, 77 Sarel Cilliers (Oom Ben’s house previously) – quirky pottery, from door knobs to stompie holders as well as plates, bowls & jugs which make lovely gifts. Madelaine 072 602 1857
- Juhléne Möller, fine artist, Klipdale – specialises in mixed media abstracts on paper in ink & photo-sensitive chemicals with figurative images hand-cut from the paper. Private art classes offered. To arrange a viewing or tuition, call 084 808 1969
- Friday 1st March Hermanus Art Stroll 5-8pm – something different – 18 local art galleries in the centre of Hermanus – a glass of wine on offer at most, and an extraordinary collection of artwork from famous and not so famous artists. Give it a stroll!
For your visitors:
- Guided birding tours in & around Napier. Pick up and return anywhere in the village included. Call Steve 081 817 3223 about specific requirements and costs.
- Habby Shack, 44 Sarel Cilliers – wonderful collection of yarns & fabrics (cotton & natural fibres), full range of haberdashery. Join their knitting or crochet mornings! 082 445 1391
- Foyles Herbs & Plants, 39 Jubileum Street – large variety of plants and herbs in a wonderful garden – great advice included! 028 423 3358
- Toy Dockyard – a wonderful adventure for kids and adults alike. Call Alan Raubenheimer 028 423 3894 to make an appointment.
- B/Bos market, last Saturday of each month, Sat 23 Feb. Well worth a visit, it is bulging with interesting stalls from fresh trout, veggies and herbs, to glamorous clothes and all kinds of interesting crafts
- For sale: Earthlite massage table & ergonomic massage stool. Call Susan 072 175 0226
- NADS (Napier Amateur Dramatic Society). Do you have any buttons, beads, old jewellery, felt, fabric or anything that could be used for the craft classes during the holidays? Call Lindsay 076 721 2449
- Bowen Therapist for massive pain relief and body alignment. Carol Kullmanhas recently moved into the village. Her treatments can assist with neck & shoulder problems, digestive & bowel issues, frozen shoulder pain, coccyx injuries, respiratory problems, asthma/hay fever etc. 072 230 4174
- Patatfees. Would you like to be involved with the Patatfees this year? It’s great fun and all help will be much appreciated. Call Hilary Mellet 082 596 5681
- Overberg Art Music’s concert Serenades Poetry and Painting in Sound, with Joan Wilken and Albie van Schalkwyk. Sunday 10 March 3.30pm in the DR church hall in Bredasdorp. Tickets R100 at door. Not to be missed!
- Bowls on the Bowling Green 3pm Wednesdays & Fridays
- Boule on the Cricket Green 4pm Sundays. Bring your own boules if you have them. No matter if you haven’t played before – it’s fun!
- Miscellaneous for sale: Garden irrigation items incl. sprinklers on stands, spray nozzles, hose connectors, micro-jet stand pipes, etc. R500 Austin double lock safe,Serial No: SA50021, category 2ADM. R800 Various 16mm cine cameras, lenses, and films – earliest 1930 B/W a visit to Southern Rhodesia & Vic Falls. Call Charles 028 423 3405/082 853 1118 Also Flymo strimmer (needs line drum),5L garden sprayer, Winter heavy duty jacket, Philips computer screen – any offers?