Phew it has been very, very hot – and then it rained! What a pleasure! Most of the visitors have returned home – and Easter is still a way off. In the meantime Valentine’s Day is approaching – 14th February!
B’bos market 25th January 9-12pm at the Strandveld Pub they have the local market – fresh farm produce,organic vegetables, handmade goodies and crafts – the last Saturday of each month – it is a jolly affair and well worth attending!
Napier market & car-boot sale Sat 1 Februry 8.30-11.30ish – great place to buy books, clothes, small furniture, crockery, as well as herbs and plants, eggs and veggies, coffee & croissants, yummy rusks. If you want to sell items bring a chair & table – and have some fun. Everyone is welcome.
Weekly market at El Gallo – every Saturday 9am to 2pm (from 1 Feb) stalls selling plant seedlings, cakes, pizzas, herbs & spices, peanut butter (be amazed!), fresh bread & coffee. Enjoy lunch on the stoep with a glass of vino (they are licensed) – Frida 082 457 2651
Napier eateries (Phone restaurant concerned for Valentine specials):
- Pascals – full menu, licensed. Closed Monday. 028 423 3146
- Suntouched Inn – pizza, pasta, ribs; pool table. Open 7 days a week. TV screen for sports events! 028 423 3131
- Gunners – Dee is open Tuesday to Saturday – 11am until late. Mouth-watering Tapas is available and in the restaurant a splendid meal! Call Dee for further details – 072 799 2380
- J D Bistro -Wed to Sunday 8am – 3pm – delicious breakfast & lunch menu – Valentine special dinner on Friday 14th Feb 6.30pm – booking essential callRenee (082 5777 041 for menu details) – licensed.
- The Fox – closedMon & Tues – fish & chips (seriously good), craft beer. Wednesdays are special burger nights! 028 423 3113 watch for their music evening with a braai, and their Valentine specials
- Cafe Max – closed at present
- Napier Farmstall – licensed, breakfast & lunch, frozen takeaway meals. Open 7 days a week 028 423 3440
- Moerse Farmstall – bread and cakes, & take away meals during the week – a delicious roast on Sundays(take own wine) 072 592 3693
- Bayleaf Bistro, Krag Street – Friday andSaturday – open for lunch & dinner -pasta, pizza, salads, fresh line fish (when available) yummy desserts. Sunday onlyfor dinner – bookings essential – bring your own vino – call Luan 072 132 2716 for Valentine romantic dinner menu!
- Fabio’s Fabulous Pizza van will be parked on Wednesdays next to Muddylane Pottery Studio in Main Road & over the weekend, behind the Bistro – a pizza can be ordered.- call Fabio 082 321 3178 for more details
- Coffee Corner,44 Sarel Cilliers – breakfast & lunch (take own wine), coffee & cake
- Platteland se Mooi – Sarel Cilliers – breakfast, lunch, – quiches, platters, frozen meals for 1 or 2 persons, freshly-baked breads, rusks to die for! – Henriette 066 253 2218
- Napier Traders, 81 Main Road – open 9am – 8pm – fish & chips, calamari, hot dogs, hamburgers. Call 072 546 3806 to order.
- Meals to U – home cooked meals daily, fresh or frozen, delivered to you. 028 423 3134/ 082 347 4805
Our area has some wonderfully creative folk:
- Frans Mulders Gallery, 116 Sarel Cilliers (the Black house) – life size pictures of wild dogs, many of which are shown round the world. 028 423 3004/ 082 418 9701
Private Gallery, 98 Sarel Cilliers – drop in &have a look at the fine art photography of Herman van Bon 082 712 0273 and the exquisite jewellery of Yvonne de Wit 060 712 4001
MuddyLane Pottery Studio, 77 Sarel Cilliers – quirky pottery, from door knobs to stompie holders as well as plates, bowls & jugs. Madelaine 072 602 1857 You can even make your own pottery – classes start again in January
Juhléne Möller, fine artist, Klipdale – specialises in mixed media abstracts on paper in ink & photo-sensitive chemicals with figurative images hand-cut from the paper. Call 084 808 1969 for info
- Habby Shack, 44 Sarel Cilliers – wonderful collection of yarns & fabrics (cotton & natural fibres), full range of haberdashery. Join knitting or crochet mornings! 082 445 1391 Linley – back from India with a new collection of fabrics
- Napier Melkstal – Main Road next to Huis Klippedrift – take your own bottle and get fresh milk straight from the farm – yogurt made in Napier, vegs from local farmers, bread, local honey & an assortment of other locally made goodies – Ina 083 662 2959
- Vindigo – Graham & Mariayour purveyor of very fine local wines – support local! 108 Sarel Cilliers – Art, gifts and more 028 423 3069
- Foyles Herbs & Plants, 39 Jubileum Street – large variety of plants and herbs in a wonderful garden – even flower posies for special events (order now for Valentine posies) – great advice from Sarah included! 028 423 3358
- Toy Dockyard – an adventure for kids and adults alike. Call Alan 028 423 3894 to make an appointment.
- Physiotherapist – Rose Reed – also certified to do aromatherapy, reflexology, as well as Body Talk practitioner & Reiki master (if you are suffering emotional pain) Call 079 1554 685
- Clinical psychologist – available for assessments and psychotherapy with adults, children, families and groups. Contact Sean Bussey 081 321 5106
- Want a great massage – call Annette 072 226 4317 – you can also buy splendid candles from her – excellent prices!
- Marah project – almost each week a food parcel is delivered to a family in need. Donations of groceries would be so greatly appreciated. Contact Jenny 028 423 3439 if you want your donation collected.
- The Movie Club – it has been decided to cancel the movie mornings at The Fox – attendance has dropped and The Fox is closed on a Monday – should winter bring a new venue, those on the email list will be notified. Monique 028 423 3370
- The Victorian Cow – open Tuesday to Saturdays from 10-2 for exclusive décor, special gifts, vintage! Phone Hanniki 0783031094
- Blue House Books – 40 Sarel Cilliers St – 083 415 2365 (formerly Oscars) – the most extraordinary collection of books – including philosophy, spiritual, natural history, Afrikaans. Liane has added her collection to this – a visit will inspire you! You can sit on the stoep and watch the world go by! Open 10am-4pm
- Yoga Studio – situated at Shop A, 57 Sarel Cilliers St (Gunners Complex) – classes have started – Mon – 16h30 Tues Tues 16h30 Wed – 09h30 & 16h30 Thu – 16h30 Fri – 09h30 – anyone interested in finding out about classes Whatsap only on 082 445 1391
- Birdhouses/feeders, Insect Hotels, and ‘Pandora’ boxes… Whatsapp Willemine 082 897 7292
- For Sale: Homelite Garden Shredder – excellent condition R2000 (or make an offer) 028 423 3159
- Music Lovers – 21 March in Stanford – International Pianist Melvyn Tan two concerts 14h30 and 18h30 at Stanford Valley Guest House – for dinner bookings call Stanford Manor House 072 198 0862 – a treat for you!
If you would prefer not to receive this newsletter – send us an email & your details will be removed.